Today's Recipes Made Local can be made by all the ingredients from our Aroha Basket food parcels, and are included in every Aroha Basket. They are designed to be quick and simple to make, for those that aren't used to cooking.
If you find you are struggling with extra bills and need a little extra support this week, talk to us today.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 021 0247 8003
- 400 TO 500 GRAMS OF MINCE
- 1x packet of spaghetti bolognese
- 1x can of pasta sauce or canned tomatoes
- 1x small onion chopped
- 1x cup Mixed Veges
- ½ packet pasta cook as directed on package
- Salt and pepper to taste
Brown mince and onions add salt, pepper, mixed veg, pasta sauce or tomatoes. May need to add a little more water cook slowly for ½ to ¾ of an hour, during this time cook the pasta. Combine the mince and pasta and put into dish with grated cheese on top and bake at 175 fan bake for ½ hour.
You can omit the pasta and put mince in dish and add mashed potatoes.
- 1x 210Gram of Tuna
- ½ packet of pasta
- 1x packet of Tasty Cheese Sauce
Cook pasta as per instructions of packet make up tasty cheese sauce as per packet.
Put Tuna into cheese sauce and mix then add it the pasta add grated cheese on top and bake in 175 oven for ½ hour.
The pasta can be omitted and mashed potatoes put on top of the tuna mixture serve with veges of your choice.
- 6 TO 8 SAUSAGES
- 1X Medium Onion Chopped
- 1x packet of Devil Sausage mix
- 1x can tomatoes
Brown Sausages with onions. Add Devil Sausage Mix with a can of tomatoes. Cook for ½ hour, serve on rice and mixed veges
- 1x cup of Cooked Rice
- 1x Egg
- 2 cups of mixed veg, cabbage, grated carrot, cauliflower, peas, beans, corn and seasonal veg of your choice
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 x cloves of garlic optional chopped
- You can use herbs coriander, cumin, curry powder. Use about a teaspoon if you want to mix them together ½ a teaspoon of each
- Soya Sauce
Heat pan add oil and scramble egg when cooked, take out add a little more oil, add the onion garlic and mixed veg and spices, stir until cooked then add rice and soya sauce. Combine all ingredients, add egg and serve.
- 1 x can of cream corn
- 3x tablespoons of flour
- 1x teaspoon baking powder
- 1x Egg
Put all the above in a bowl and mix until smooth. Heat fry pan and place spoon fills of mixture. Not too hot, cook 4 to 5 minutes on one side then turn over continue until mixture is finished serve with salad or stir-fry veges.