Te toka tūmoana
Despite the crashing waves the rock stands tall
Just as the Stingray breeds and nurtures its young within the safe harbour of Mangawhai, this is also the vision of the Te Whai Community Trust Mangawhai. The Trust will provide safe harbour for all who seek help and advice.
The Whakatauiki (proverb) above encompasses the concept of taha wairua (the interconnection of all living things) which brings us hope.
Nau mai haere mai ki tēnei mahi āwhina mo ngā tangata o Mangawhai.
Tēnā koutou katoa. Te Whai Community Trust Mangawhai is a charitable trust that has been operating since 2015 to bring social services that are lacking into the Mangawhai area and to provide support groups and education programmes on issues as required.
Te Whai Community Trust Mangawhai will provide a centre to act as the first point of contact directing people with specific needs to the services they require.
- To identify the needs within the community and provide equitable and inclusive opportunities for all people to make positive changes and develop to their full potential
- To be financially sustainable, have robust systems and meet statutory obligations
- To demonstrate high levels of professionalism, integrity and collaboration at all times in the delivery of safe and effective services
- To provide facilities to enable local and regional support services to deliver their services in Mangawhai
- To be accessible to all, provide appropriate advocacy, information, and responsive support to the wider Mangawhai community and environment
Our mahi is concentrated in the Mangawhai area to benefit the local community. Our focus is on those who are vulnerable, isolated and have needs that are not presently being met by the limited social services available. Recently there has been a huge population growth in the Mangawhai area and the Kaipara District Council anticipates that around 50% of future growth in the Kaipara District will continue to be in Mangawhai. However, social services have not kept pace with this growth and there is a lack of support for our more vulnerable citizens.